Thursday 23 December 2010

When Will the Slow flying Robin Take off?

A couple of years ago I wrote a little round robin and that year Christmas crept up with it’s fluffy socks of cosy weather, this year it’s hit us with its cold hammer! Because of this Kev has been off work and all the best plans have gone south for the winter’s duration. My round robins have always had issues taking off but this year the poor thing has had its wings clipped.

This one has been hard to sit down and write for many reasons, one of them being that I feel as if the year is about to start; my time clock is way back in May! The summer I spent in a ditch trying to find the end of a non existing pipe; so perhaps that’s why I still think it was May. I know that there are many people that wish Christmas would quietly pass them bye too and that’s not because they are humbugs but for real issues they are dealing with or life changes they are not ready for. If it helps my heart and thoughts go out to you and I hope by reading this you don’t feel so alone x

Life carries you on a tide which is relentless and you’re lucky if you can keep your head above water, breath deeply and learn to do the back stroke! I have been trying to take my own advice. You see when Kev’s off  he makes a list of jobs that need to be done and anything I have to do (wrapping presents taking them round, writing my little round Robin) has to take it’s turn on his list. The problem is every time I creep up to the top of the list he thinks of something else more important and puts it up to the top. No point in arguing, or trying to reason about it he is a mere man and would never understand my universe; though his revolves around it and he thinks it is rather beautiful place, it’s just a myth and has no reality about it, just romance. So I breathe deeply and try to float.

Floating means: -
Closing your mind to things you just can’t change, accepting and moving on at your own pace. Then and only when you can let your mind open to the world around you look around to see what you can change to make your world a little easier.

So here I sit at my computer writing into the ether, floating with the waft of Frankincense in unreality. This unreality that will bring fun and frolics and much needed laughter in a house that is much lived in and chaotic with shouts of Mum, where’s my, what’s happened to! How do you do……? and can you fix……..? and who knows I may just be able to sit down for five minutes without worrying which job I should be doing. Yea right!!!

Oh they have all left and the house is free to be cleaned. Duster at the ready me and my Flight of Fancy must fly. I’ll be back! Soon I hope x

No comments:

Post a Comment