Friday 10 December 2010

Tilly Has been at the Frankincense again

When Some Kind Person

When Some Kind Person
Takes the time
To show they care
Your heart feels light
Like a balloon in flight
And you feel as if you walk on air

Your cheeks do bulge
And with an upturned grin
You go through your day
But this is the thing
That simple kindness
Gets passed on
As that upbeat feeling
Goes bobbing along


Imagine a world full of people
Like overgrown balloons
Floating in the breeze
All full of smiles and fun
And as the strings unfurl
They curl their way
Right back to
That one kind person
Who took the time



This last poem is my anthem and holds a belief that if you smiled at ten people throughout your day, those ten people would then pass your smile on to the next ten people that they met. By doing this, there is a probability (I know this is slight but you do meet many people that should; due to their circumstances be angry and resentful but are in-fact jolly and happy with their lot, so then there may just be a glimmer of a possibility) that one smile could travel around the world and back to that first smile.

I know that this thought maybe a little naive and practically impossible, but you have to admit it’s a great thought and yes I've been at the Frankincense again, well it is Christmas.

I would like to get the balloon up in the air and say a big thank you to Beth who wrote a very beautiful comment on my blog and made my balloon take flight. So pass this on by linking it and I'll be drawing a few balloons over the weekend to put on my blog by next Monday and perhaps you would like to draw your own balloon and we will see if we can a bobbibing sensation going.

10th December 2010 Tilly moments x

No comments:

Post a Comment