Wednesday 29 December 2010

Blowing Bubbles My Whole Life Long

I found this old poem and as the old year comes’ to a close and a new one about to start, I couldn’t help but reflecting on the past, enjoy the now and then look forward. I have always thought the time between Christmas and the New Year is when the Christmas Carol should have been set, though the impact would not be the same.

When I wrote this poem I was reflecting on my past with my Aunties who blew the bubbles for me and my cousins, enjoying the moment with my nephew while heavily pregnant (I had lost a few babies and the load I was carrying was extra special).  My two sister-in-laws were due around the same time and the future I knew was going to change us and it has. None of us are the same, our views and thoughts have been changed by becoming a mother and through the teaching of our children and quite often our children teaching us.

I hope my work has an easy read feel about it but under those simple and pleasant rhythms and words lurks an undercurrent of thought provoking contemplation that the reader has to find the truth of, by themselves; sorry about that lol. Many people have said to me that every time they read my work, it evokes a different response emotionally from them, I find this most gratifying.

I want to take the fun with me as I age and get the best I can out of life, which ever path life leads me down and coming up to the New Year I wish you all the same: - many popping moments as those gentle spheres float with their rainbow hue of contemplation in your thoughts.

Happy New Year to you all Tilly x



What do I want in life?
To blow bubbles my whole life long.

When I was little I couldn’t blow them for myself
So I chased them to and fro

And when I grew more
I became an aunty then a mum
I had to blow bubbles lots and lots
For those little tots

When I grow old
I’ll buy a bubble-making machine
And pop them with my walking stick
And chase them with my granny mobile

It will be a great life I feel
Blowing all those bubbles
And then making them POP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment