Tuesday 11 January 2011

Have I Wishful Attitude to Life or Just Plain Silly? A Tilly Moment Debate.



Having to get the car fixed can be a nightmare especially when you live a mile or so from the school and have a son like Angus who thinks it’s a joy to bike. Even better when your mum has to peddle and you’re left in charge of the dog. Both boy and dog love the ride, not for scenery and the serenity of the bike ride per say, but the fact that mum can’t see what you’re getting up-to.
Angus asked if we could take Tink on our unplanned bike ride. I could not think of a reason not too and said I would try to find something to put our little bundle of fun in. Angus said he could hold her, but I explained that this would be a little dangerous to do. The only thing I had that would keep Tinker in was one of the spare haversacks, it had two separate zips. So there was Tink, comfortably sitting in it with her head between the zips looking with anticipation at Angus; that should have been my warning! But as ever too busy to pay too much attention to the little details easily missed, I looked down at my improvisation with some degree of admiration of my ingenuity. Pride before a fall springs to mind here, will I ever learn!
Where do I get the ideas for these sorts of capers, time constraints and a wishful attitude to life, maybe? Though I don’t think a normal haversack is quite the thing to keep the dog in, on a bike, especially when your young son can; unknown to you undo the zip so that the dog can sit on his knee. Even so, I could have coped with all of this, if said son would sit still and was not as heavy as he is. The fact is he knocks my bike off balance at the most inconvenient moments and then there was the cat, mayhem is not good for your soul. Surely, a Tilly Moment if ever I heard one.
Now Angus is a little older I intend to buy one of those attachable links from adult to child bike. Now I reason, if Angus is so far away he couldn’t possible undo the zips. I did think about putting Tink in a basket at the front, either way I have a harness so she should be more contained. I’m not one for giving up even after a few mistakes is this because I have wishful attitude to life do you think or just plain silly?

No comments:

Post a Comment