Friday 12 August 2011

The Affair


I think I should put a warning on this one. It is a first draft but so full of fun my fairy could not wait to put this one out, naughty naughty fairy! It is definitely a Chick Lit that will bring a smile to your face with its little twist at the end.

            Let me know if you enjoyed it with the comment box at the end.
____________________X______________________


After being married for over twenty years, I can’t remember what I was thinking when I walked down the isle. I knew that life was going to be full of routine. But I did think I would see my husband from time to time. Silly me! Oh young love so innocent, it makes me laugh. 

            I have turned into that which I despise the most, a lame and dysfunctional person, thing. Mothers often are and need to be I guess. Life’s needs are, at the moment, needier than my own personal womanhood. That was until I went to a wedding a month ago. I met a man…… a gorgeous, attractive and very seductive man. He reminded me that I was all woman!! ‘Mmmmmm... ohhhh yaaaaaaa’           

            I am a big dreamer but I live in reality, mores the pity. I knew he was being kind. I’m no great looker and my body has taken a bit of a tumble after the kids and general neglect. Not that I had much to start with, buxom is what my husband calls me. I never asked whether that was good, perhaps I should. Anyhow, there I was standing admiring the beautiful setting, drinking in the atmosphere and the Champagne. When this vision walked over to me, a bubbled haze engulfed us and no other life existed before or will ever exist again, it seemed.


            That night for the first time ever, love, time, and space meant something to me other than, this is what happens in life. I understood what they meant in romantic novels when they say electrifying. Each touch or brush with this man was painfully erotic. My senses awakened once more, after their long and dormant coma they vibrated with tingly sensations that I just wanted to close my eyes to enjoy. His laugh rendered me incapable of thought or movement and I looked in ore over his ability to be himself. Just at this point of loosing myself to this dream of a man, I hear the call of ‘He’s just been sick mum!’ Realism came crashing down, my bubble was burst and off I ran to my child who had, apparently, for a dare put his head under the chocolate fountain, for 3 minuets!! 

            Well I promised my self that I would have my night back, I needed that before I became a totally wizened old hag, emotionally and physically. I just had to track that man down. My friends kept asking if anything was wrong, I just couldn’t tell them the truth. How could I explain what was plainly ridiculous? A person like me wanting, needing an affair, now that was silly! Beyond belief!


            After many attempts I did track him down and he agreed to meet me at a rather wonderful restaurant. I had left strict orders that champagne was on ice for when we arrived, I had already ordered our meal. Presumptions of me I know but I didn’t want to waste one second on the plenary of looking through the menu or wine, discussing this or that, I just wanted him, all of him! I had pre booked a room at the hotel. Childcare arranged and I had no mobile phone or contact details and I was a jabbering wreck. He was half an hour late and I was sat in a rather sumptuous lounger the staff were on stand by as though the most important guest was about to arrive. 

            I was on my third glass of bubbly and crippled with anxiety over the cost and what will happen when my husband finds out. As soon as I saw his silhouette coming through the doorway, all other existent lives were shut out. That most beautiful sphere surrounded me again and as he entered it, my husband became my lover and our marrage came of age.

            As he held my face and kissed me as he had in-front of all those people at our wedding, I remembered what I had been thinking when I walked up the isle twenty one years ago to-day. I always needed to be a woman to him and as he sat down I could see the passion that had been suppressed. The true thrill of an affair was as my kids would say OMG, like truly awesome. It felt so good to be young free and single again!



The End


What are you waiting for go book the hotel all you married ladies? I love my fairy :-)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tina enjoyed this, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the affair LOVED IT !
    enjoy pretty much all your work
    SIAN XX

    ReplyDelete